Friday, April 16, 2010

Ok, so guy 1 today was ridiculous, but at least stated his ridiculous-ness. He said he's using this to feel out what's out there, but ended his profile with "a couple more characters are needed here, so here it is." So he's a no. (Plus again with the wanting a Jewish girl, which I am not. Good job chemistry.com)

Guy two wants curves, but is ok if you're not perfect. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that meaning. I think he wants Double D's but will settle for a C? Who knows. Moving on.

When I read guy three's profile, I realized that though I grade students papers who are almost illiterate all the time, I have never read something where the punctuation was so bad as to be distracting. Until now. He puts periods at the beginning of the sentence rather than the end. Apostrophes do not exist, and there are no spaces between the rare punctuation and the frequent emoticons. So as judgmental as this may be, it's a definite no.

Guy four is a music guy, but seems legit and normal. He calls himself quirky, but not in the sketchy way, and is decently cute, so I'm going to express interest. So there's one for the day.

Guy five made me think. His profile was utterly uninteresting. No huge turn offs, but nothing that made it worth reading. But, when I looked at his facts about himself, the recent book he read was "I, Lucifer," which seems like the kind of thing I'd be really interested in. So I think I'll express interest and see what happens. Maybe he just doesn't know how to write a profile.

Guy six is a born again Christian. If you're wondering what religion he is, it's Christian. And he wants a Christian girlfriend. But remember, he's a Christian. Also, he wants a girl to cook for him. But she has to be Christian. Next.

Guy seven owns a company, is 29 and lives with his parents. I'm almost curious enough as to why that I would express interest. Almost.

Guy eight has a short enough profile he almost certainly isn't a member, so no.

Guy nine I think is a drug dealer. First off, so many spelling errors I had to read the profile aloud. Secondly, his profession is "i work." I'm pretty sure he works the corners. So, tempting, but no.

Guy ten actually seemed like a gem. He's a chemistry guy who seems to share my interests, so I'll express interest and hope he actually signed up and will respond.


It occurs to me as I type this that not explicitly saying whether a person is a member or not is a great system to allow people to delude themselves into self confidence. It is entirely possible that every person I've said I'm interested in has been genuinely not interested in me. However, there's no way to know that, so I can continue believing that everyone who has not responded to be was unable to, and i've heard back from everyone who could say something. It's interesting, because it's both frustrating and gives me a lot of confidence in that I'm getting all the responses possible. I feel like there needs to be a better way to deal with this other than just try to weed out the non-members. I'm definitely open to thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. "is a music guy, but he seems legit and normal"

    heeeeeeeeeey.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaaaaa Sarah. You can't deny the truth. But I don't know if she should be getting mixed up with those music folk, no matter how legit or normal they seem...
    Em, did the "works the corners" joke come from you? It sounds so Mekar-y. If it's yours I'm afraid you're spending too much time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, I think that was Mekar's. But who knows? Great minds and all that.

    Also, no offense about the music people thing Sar. I love you guys, but you are pretty crazy. Plus, you of all people know how hard it is to find a good music guy. Maybe this one is my kind of crazy.

    ReplyDelete