Thursday, July 22, 2010

Goodbye Chemistry?

So after months and months of ridiculousness on chemistry.com, I decided to see what other waters held. A friend recommended Okcupid.com, which is free - so I figured, why not?

Immediately after signing up, I got three emails, and it seems like every day since then have been at least another three. Since there's no cost to joining, any random person can email any random other person, so there were obviously a lot of schmucks. I got a bunch of "hey qt how u?" or things like that. But there were also a lot more legitimate emails. The only real reason not to use that site is fear of rejection, so people are way more willing to try.

Normally at this point, I'd go through the ridiculousness that is online men, but I actually responded to one of the emails, which made me look at the other ones much less. It was great because we went straight to emails, so we could talk about real things and figure out if there was any compatibility. There's an instant message option that is really easy to use, so that helped figure out which guys weren't worth another look.

I have to decide now if I should keep using this blog to talk about some of the guys online or if that's just kind of bad taste since I'm not really looking at the moment. Any advice, let me know, but I think as soon as my chemistry membership expires I am off that ridiculous site. Okcupid all the way :)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...I don't know what the etiquette is...but i'll miss the crazy bad guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's been two years since you made this post. you've had plenty of time to get the full OKCupid experience under your belt.

    what are your thoughts?

    I have some. and they're not good. 9/10 users on OKcupid can be described as nothing less than "flakey",.... yes, emails an instant chats are easy, first dates are easy to set up.....

    but when it comes to the nitty gritty. the good stuff? You will find out very quickly just how FLAKEY 90% of OKCupid members are. Why? It's simple enough. Because we all know, that all we have to do to find a new partner is... access their main page, click on that row of matches.

    too many matches, not enough quality.

    I re-joined Chemistry.com 1 month ago (january 2013) I am really impressed with the changes they've made since last time I quit (summer 2012) and I'm very optimistic about my chances.

    I can tell you one thing about girls on Chemistry.com They are NOT flakey. They might not be easy to get a hold of? They may not always reply , instantly.

    but when they do get back to you..? 10x more likely to get a real response, an ethuse response, opposed to a flakey,.. "I dunno, how are u doing??" type of response on OKcupi.

    ReplyDelete